Halo Board Beast Review – Halo is well-established as being among the many greatest electrical skateboard producers on the earth. Known for pushing the boundaries of what is doable, their high-performance e-skateboards are much loved by boarders in every single place.
Halo’s current flagship board is the Board Beast.
Halo Board Beast Review
The motor and battery are better, the range is longer, the deck is longer, and the wheels are larger. All this interprets into a greater, smoother trip that younger people and adults will love. The Halo Board Beast also became the premium winner of our Best Electric Skateboards in 2021 Guide.
Design and Build Quality
The Board Beast builds on the design of the Halo Board 2, retaining the final shape and look, however with some fundamental changes.
First, the carbon fiber deck has gone, changed by a more conventional and longer 37-inch maple deck. However, Halo has stored this black, so the board still has the identical slick and stylish appearance, as well as having improved stability and durability for off-road driving.
The swap to maple additionally removes the necessity for a broad strip of grip tape on top of the deck. Instead, a honeycomb grip design will help to keep your toes steady and enable you to maneuver your Board Beast as you wish.
The ends of the Board Beast are narrower than we saw on the Halo Board 2, with the wheels extra visible because of this. Another consequence of that is that the Board Beast has a more pronounced shape.
While the edges of the board stay curved and clean, keeping the sleekness of the design, the corners are much more noticeable than on the Halo Board 2.
Range And Speed
Both the Halo Board 2 and Beast are constructed for pace, nevertheless it’s the vary that’s improved on the Beast. The Beast nonetheless has a top speed of 26mph, which is blazing. The vary, nonetheless, is as much as 25 miles per charge.
That’s because of the upgraded Dual Direct-Drive brushless motor system. It boasts 3200 watts. It’s received great energy and torque, so hills with grades up to 25% are a breeze.
The battery is 10.4Ah, which is up from Halo 2’s 7Ah. The Beast’s battery has a protracted lifespan and it’s Certified FireSafe. Charging takes about 4-5 hours, which is longer than the Halo 2.
Halo Board Beast Review – Considering that the Beast has more energy, that is smart. To keep away from needing to charge for that entire time, it’s a good suggestion to top off the battery after each experience. The Regenerative Brake system also helps stretch your battery charge as long as attainable.
Halo Board Specifications
|Deck Length||37 in / 94 cm|
|Wheels||97 mm Halo Street Wheels – 74a|
|Wheelbase||29 in / 73.5 cm|
|Trucks||Aluminum 12-inch Double-Kingpin|
|Remote||Ergonomic Bluetooth Halo Remote|
|Weight Limit||286 lbs|
|Charge Time||4 – 5 hours|
|Safe Battery||10.4Ah Certified FireSafe Lithium-Ion Battery|
|For Ages||10 and up|
Halo Beast Features
|Deck Material||Upgraded Bamboo + Fiberglass Blend|
|Motor||3200 Watt Dual Direct-Drive Motors|
|Top Speed||26 MPH|
|Range||Up to 25 Miles|
|Hill Grade||Up to 25%|
|Charger||UL Certified Charger Included|
|Warranty||6 Months Guaranteed|
Halo Board Pros And Cons
|Even Better Performance than the Halo Board 2||Charging Time|
|Intuitive Remote Control||Too Heavy|
|Regenerative Braking System|
|Compatible with All-Terrain Wheels|
Downside Halo Board
- We don’t like the cost of the Board Beast. At the same time, we did say this board is a perfect example of getting what you pay for, and we’d 100% stick by that. Would we pay the value anyway even though we dislike it? We would, but we’d most likely await a discount or special supply value earlier than we did.
- Charging Time. 4 – 5 hours is a long time to wait to realize full charge on an e-board battery. Although it’s anticipated and we love the facility and vary we get, it’s nonetheless a trade-off we’d slightly not cope with. The best way around it is to keep your batteries topped up after every experience slightly than ready till it’s empty and doing a full charge. Trust us, the first journey after the primary cost is greater than definitely worth the wait!
- The great thing about skateboards, electronic or not, is how straightforward they are to carry around both yourself or in the automotive. The Board Beast takes slightly of this away, coming in at a whopping 23 pounds! It’s not sufficient to place us off desirous to personal it, but it’s price being conscious of earlier than parting with your money.
The Halo Board Beast embodies what we beloved about Halo 2 and kicks it up a notch. The motor and battery have more power, the range is longer, the deck is longer, and the wheels are larger. The remote has been redesigned properly.
The only major function that isn’t modified is the velocity, but at 26mph, the skateboard is a lot quicker. If you want to deal with rougher terrain, Halo sells all-terrain wheels you’ll be able to put on your board. Both children (10 and older) and adults will love this e-skateboard!
Other Articles Review
- How To Calibrate Your Halo Rover
- Halo Rover Best All-Terrain Hoverboard/Self Balancing Scooter
- Swagtron Specifications